This is a CHEAP as it gets!!! Enjoy this “Rice and Beans Budget meal” – rather “Rice and Lentils Budget meal” 😉
- 1 cup lentils
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 smalle white onion chopped
- 1 cup rice)
- 1 large zucchini side dish
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook lentils in water with salt. Bring to boil and simmer 20 minutes, until soft.
- When lentils are cooked, add apple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and onion. Mix well and heat through until bubbly.
- Cook 1 cup rice with 2.5 cups water.
- Slice zucchini and saute in olive oil until tender.
- Serve lentils over rice with side of sauteed zucchini.