Sunshine Salmon is a super easy weeknight dinner, with simple ingredients yet complex flavor!
Citrus and salmon is such a great flavor combination. Plus, it is so pretty to look at with the fresh slices!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 orange
- 1 blood orange
- Side: salad
- Side: rice
- Cook rice, as directed.
- Preheat oven to 400 F/200 C.
- Slice the orange and blood orange.
- Cut salmon fillet into 4 pieces each. Place in small baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the orange marmalade, Dijon mustard, minced garlic and dried dill. Spread directly onto the salmon fillets. Add the orange and blood orange slices on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until salmon is no longer pink in the middle.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Sunshine Salmon with side of rice and salad.
Freezer Meal Instructions
- Add salmon, prepared sauce, and orange slices into a freezer baggie.
- Remove as much air as possible and seal. Add label to baggie and freeze.
- Put baggie in the freezer and freeze up to 6 months in fridge freezer or 12 months in a deep freezer. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or a warm bowl of water for about 20 minutes, before transferring the salmon, glaze and toppings to baking dish. Bake at 400 F/200 C for 15 to 20 minutes.