A most delicious pasta dish!
Summer Squash Pasta Salad
Servings: 4 persons
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles ($.97) Use rice noodles for a gluten free meal!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
- 4 cloves garlic ($.15)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($.20)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar ($.10)
- 1 yellow summer squash (free from the garden)
- 1 small zucchini ($.50) On sale for $.88/lb last week
- 3 stems of cherry tomatoes (free from the garden)
- Handful of fresh basil leaves (free from the garden)
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves (free from the garden)
- 3 chicken breasts ($2.03) Used $1 coupon when on sale for $1.99/lb! This same "$1 off Tyson fresh chicken" coupon was also in this week's newspaper insert!
- 4 slices of French bread ($.50)
- 2 Tbsp margarine ($.10)
- Garlic salt (free!) Used $.50 coupon, doubled, when on sale for $1
- Optional: Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese on each serving!
- In medium saucepan, cook pasta noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cool water (if you wish to serve this chilled!...although it can be served warm or cold.) Drizzle with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil once chilled.