A nutritious and delicious summer side salad…or lunch!Â There are many great colors, textures and flavors in this dish.Â I set out to use up some of my corn…then threw in the FIRST tomato from my garden (more on that tomorrow!), then a cucumber that was on sale last week and needed to be used up…plus some chickpeas, parsley from the garden and a vinaigrette dressing!
Summer Side Salad
- 2 15 oz. cans of chickpeas
- 4 corn cobs
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3-4 sprigs of parsley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Boil corn cobs for 4-5 minutes. Remove and let cool until can handle to slice off the kernels. Slice kernels.
- Dice tomato. Peel and dice cucumber. Crush the garlic. Toss all ingredients in a bowl.
- Make dressing with vinegar, olive oil, salt and crushed pepper.
- Pour dressing over chickpeas and veggies. Toss well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until cool. Serve chilled.