We love breakfast for dinner.Â Really anytime, but especially for fast and easy dinners on busy weeknights!
NOTE: Skillet is HOT when it comes out of the oven.Â Do NOT attempt to grab the handle without a hot pad. Not that I have personal experience 🙁
Spinach and Bacon Frittata
- 4 slices bacon, crumbled ($.83)(Try cooking bacon in the oven.)
- 8 eggs ($.80)
- 1/4 cup milk ($.03)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 1/2 onion, sliced into circles ($.15)
- 2 tsp olive oil ($.05)
- about 3 cups spinach (free from garden)
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ($.75)
- 6 pieces of bread ($.40)
- 2-3 Tbsp (dairy free) margarine ($.20)
- Serve with fresh bananas ($.20)
- In bowl, whisk bacon crumbles, eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
P.S.Â Yes, I was distracted by 2 screaming toddlers and was not paying attention when I grabbed the handle without a hot pad.Â I burned (first degree) all 4 fingers and part of my palm.Â I’m taking good care of it, under the supervison of my sister who is an MD!Â (So thankful she answered when I called!)