We love breakfast for dinner. Really anytime, but especially for fast and easy dinners on busy weeknights!
NOTE: Skillet is HOT when it comes out of the oven. Do NOT attempt to grab the handle without a hot pad. Not that I have personal experience! 😉
PHOTOS: How to Cook Spinach Bacon Frittata
- 4 slices bacon, crumbled
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt and pepper each
- 1/2 small white onion sliced into circles
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces sandwich bread for toast
- butter for toast
- bananas or fresh fruit side dish
- In bowl, whisk bacon crumbles, eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- In skillet, saute onions in 2 tsp olive oil.
- Once brown, add a few tsp of water and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until it wilts.
- Pour egg mixture over the spinach and onions.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until...
- Until the eggs have set around the edges.
- Bake at 450 F for 5 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese to the top and bake another 1-2 minutes until cheese melts. (I omitted this, but this is how I've done it before!)
- Serve with toast and bananas.