2 words. Taco Cabana.
I sorta had a little Taco Cabana addiction when I was in high school. At lunch, we would race to see who could get off campus and down Nacogdoches to the closest T.C. and get their chips and queso order in first! First to the table won!!!
Bean and Cheese Tacos were always a fave then too.Â Today, I prefer them a bit spicier. These will kick up the spice factor a few notches.
Would be great for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Or perhaps even a midnight snack.
- 8 soft taco size tortillas ($1)
- 1 - 15 ounce can of refried beans (or 2 cups homemade refried beans) ($.99)
- 1 - 10 ounce can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, well drained ($.20)
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese ($.75)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the refried beans and the Rotel diced tomatoes. Note: if you don't drain the tomatoes well, the beans won't be very thick.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Lay the tortillas out on a baking sheet.
- Spoon the tomato-beans mixture over the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Add lots of cheese if you like.