I think if I had to decide on one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be tortellini. AH – I just love it so much…and sometimes I wonder if I have more Italian in my blood that I do.
(I have not done one of those DNA kits and pretty sure there’s very little Italian in my blood, despite what my pasta-cheese loving taste buds might say!)
Good luck not licking your bowl clean with this one!
This soup is fabulous and super easy to get going in the morning…and finish off just before dinner. Please read the directions closely and make note of when the tortellini and cream cheese are added.
- 8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 10 oz. bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1 small white onion
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 20 oz. box cheese tortellini
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
- Side: salad
- Melt the butter.
- Place the sliced mushrooms, chopped spinach, melted butter, soy sauce, vegetable broth, and Italian seasoning into the base of the slow cooker, and give it a gentle stir.
- Set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- About an hour before dinner, pull out the cream cheese and cut into cubes. Then leave out to soften.
- With 15 minutes left in the cooking cycle, stir in the softened cream cheese cubes and the tortellini. Let cook on low for 15 minutes, or until the tortellini has softened. Ladle into serving bowls immediately, so the pasta doesnt overcook.
- Prepare salad.
- Serve Slow Cooker Spinach-Mushroom Tortellini with grated Parmesan cheese garnish, and side salad.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #151