You’ll never make pork loin another way.
I’m still seeing crazy deals for blackberries in my store (even though it’s long past berry season!) If you happened to stock up and freeze any blackberries, you need to use a few to make this.
I highly recommend using fresh ginger. You could use ground ginger, but the fresh ginger gives the sauce the punch it needs to be fabulous. Here you go…
- 1 lb. pork loin
- 6 oz blackberries
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup blackberry jam
- 1 cup brown rice, as side dish
- Fresh veggies, as side dish
- Place the pork loin into your slow cooker.
- Toss in the blackberries.
- In a small bowl combine the ginger, tamari, and jam. Stir to combine. Pour over the pork.
- Cook on low for 3 - 4 hours on high or 4 - 5 hours on low.
- Prepare rice as directed on package. Prepare fresh veggies.
- Pour the juices over the meat before serving.
- Serve Blackberry Ginger Pork Loin with sides of rice and veggies.