Recently, we weren’t feeling well. Ryan called my mom, as he is quite handy with my iPhone…and he informed her in a bold, confident and cheerful voice that he was sick. She didn’t believe him.
In an effort to ease back into regular eating, I made this partly bland-partly not-so-bland dinner for us. The boys had just the noodles, chicken and a few bites of green beans, while Steve and I had the tomato-y pasta plus the rest. Given the situation, it worked nicely.
The sauteed tomatoes are the star of this meal! And they were perfect with the pasta!
Grilled Chicken & Simple Pasta with Sauteed Tomatoes
- 1 lb. pasta noodles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 sprig fresh basil cut into strips
- 2 small chicken breasts grilled and sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- green beans side dish
- In a skillet, add the olive oil, crushed garlic, chopped onion and halved tomatoes. Let saute for 8-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.Or until they are old and wrinkly looking. Once done, toss with the pasta, and the reserved pasta cooking water.
- Grill the chicken with your favorite marinade or rub. (I just sprinkled with garlic salt and Italian seasonings just before grilling. Complemented the pasta perfectly!)
- Steam or saute the green beans.
- Serve Pasta with Sauteed Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken and Green Beans.
Debbi Does Dinner Healthy says
I so wish my kids would eat something like this! It looks gorgeous and super simple!! Thanks!
I’m impressed you managed to cook with a stomach bug! This looks yummy.
Carrie Thompson says
I am drowning in basil. I have a ton drying in my pantry because I just can’t keep up. If you find some outside your door sometime it might be me making a donation. With all the running I do with the kids I pass by your house a few times a day! (well almost by your house)
This sounds so good! My husband is a huge pasta lover. Thanks!
The tomatoes look wonderful! My cherry tomato plants are going crazy, this recipe looks like a delicious way to make a dent in my harvest.
Queen of the House says
I think I just need to keep serving this type of dish to my family….maybe they will eventually like it, and thank me for broadening their horizons, as far as tastes! LOL! I would love this dish though! 🙂
This sounds sooooo good! I can’t wait for my family and I to try it.
ЎUf, me gustу! Tan clara y positiva.