Recently, we weren’t feeling well. Ryan called my mom, as he is quite handy with my iPhone…and he informed her in a bold, confident and cheerful voice that he was sick. She didn’t believe him.
In an effort to ease back into regular eating, I made this partly bland-partly not-so-bland dinner for us. The boys had just the noodles, chicken and a few bites of green beans, while Steve and I had the tomato-y pasta plus the rest. Given the situation, it worked nicely.
The sauteed tomatoes are the star of this meal! And they were perfect with the pasta!
- 1 lb. pasta noodles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 sprig fresh basil cut into strips
- 2 small chicken breasts grilled and sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- green beans side dish
- In a skillet, add the olive oil, crushed garlic, chopped onion and halved tomatoes. Let saute for 8-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.Or until they are old and wrinkly looking. Once done, toss with the pasta, and the reserved pasta cooking water.
- Grill the chicken with your favorite marinade or rub. (I just sprinkled with garlic salt and Italian seasonings just before grilling. Complemented the pasta perfectly!)
- Steam or saute the green beans.
- Serve Pasta with Sauteed Tomatoes and Grilled Chicken and Green Beans.