Learn how to make a simple sauteed okra recipe to accompany your favorite summer meals.
Summer comes and it’s always time for fried okra.
But it’s also always good to have a lighter version of a garden favorite.
That’s when it’s time to slice up and saute your okra.
Four cups of sliced okra makes a wonderful side for my family of seven. Yum!
Sauteed Okra Recipe
- 4 cups okra, sliced
- 1 small white onion sliced into half moons
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon sea salt
- other spices to taste
- Rinse okra well and pat dry.
- Slice in 1/2 sized slices, discarding 'caps' and tips if desired.
- Place olive oil in saute pan.
- Place sliced okra and sliced onion in pan.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and/or your favorite spices.
- Toss gently.
- Saute approximately 10 minutes or until desired tenderness. Serve as side dish.