I need you to RUN right now to the store and buy one of the following. Or just buy them all, so you can make these over and over in all the different ways!
- Chocolate chunk baking chips & “Caramel Bits”
- Rolos & chocolate chips
- Caramel filled baking chips
Oh, and I assume you have the basic ingredients for making cookie dough…if you don’t grab all that stuff too 😉 Just go crazy and hit up that baking aisle and get all you need for a binge cookie baking sesh. (Kidding, sorta.)
I got so excited about these cookies that I hopped on Periscope (new live video streaming app) while I was prepping the dough…because there’s just that much to say about these bad boys. I detailed all of the different ways you could make these Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies…including with a Rolo stuffed in the middle of the cookie dough. (Recipe below is different from the Rolo one!)
Couple Tips for These Cookies
- Soften Cookie Dough completely.
- If the butter isn’t softened all the way, cream the butter by itself before creaming with the sugar. These leads to ultimate softness in your dough.
- Chill your dough!!! (I know it’s hard, but it’s crucial to get the best cookies!!!!)
- If you use the “caramel bits,” you need to eat them warm because the caramel bits will harden when the cookies cool.
3 Options For Making these Cookies
- Rolo Stuffed Cookies
- Regular chocolate chips/chunks & caramel bits
- Caramel-filled chocolate baking morsels
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from: Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield – 3 dozen
Preparation Time – 15 minutes plus 2 hours chill time
Cooking Time – 9 to 11 minutes
- 2 sticks butter, creamed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla (or use homemade vanilla extract!)
- 2 1/3 to 2 1/2 cups flour, until dough isn’t too sticky
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup “caramel bits“
- about 1 Tbsp coarse or large sea salt
- Cream the butter. Cream the sugars with the butter. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and “caramel bits.” Chill at least 2 hours to allow butter and flour to “gel together.”
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spoon chilled cookie dough onto baking sheet, then sprinkle the top of each with a pinchful of coarse or large sea salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes, or until baked to your liking.
- Serve Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies.