So this meal involves a little vegetable chopping.
Okay, Fine. A LOT of chopping.
But it is worth every second. I promise.
We all loved this…including the boys.
Roasted Garden Ratatouille
- 1 green pepper (I used some from the freezer...$.33)
- 1 medium eggplant ($1.50)
- 1 medium yellow squash ($.75)
- 1 medium zucchini ($.75)
- About 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (from the garden)
- Fresh herbs from the garden - basil, oregano, and thyme
- About 2 Tbsp olive oil ($.20)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First chop the eggplant and season with some salt. Place in a strainer or colander in the sink and let the juices out while you chop everything else. When you are ready to throw it all together, rinse off the salt/juices and pat dry.
- Then chop every else into 1/2 or so size pieces. Chop the herbs. Toss everything into a large bowl with the olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.