So this meal involves a little vegetable chopping.
Okay, Fine. A LOT of chopping.
But it is worth every second. I promise.
We all loved this…including the boys.
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 cups 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh herbs from the garden - basil, oregano, and thyme
- 2 Tbsp Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First chop the eggplant and season with some salt. Place in a strainer or colander in the sink and let the juices out while you chop everything else, or for about 30 minutes. When you are ready to throw it all together, rinse off the salt/juices and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Then chop every else into 1/2 or so size pieces. Chop the herbs. Toss everything into a large bowl with the olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
- Place the marinated veggies in baking dish or baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Serve Roasted Gardan Ratatouille!