It’s a sheet pan supper!
I’m making more and more of these in my kitchen, because they are so easy! And because I can sneak into the kitchen and get it going, then go help one (or all) of the boys with homework, or find a lost soccer cleat, or whatever…and then come back and dinner’s about ready!
Please note with this one, you do have to come back and add the green beans at the end of roasting…DO NOT ROAST THE GREEN BEANS THE WHOLE TIME.
That would be disastrous! 😉
This simple ingredient “coating” on the chicken is magical!
I love it when simple ingredients come together for a delicious dinner that everyone enjoys!
Roasted Dijon Chicken and Veggies
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 8 whole carrots
- 2 lbs green beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Side: dinner rolls
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, cut to fit into the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and minced garlic.
- Place the chicken thighs onto the prepared baking dish, and spread the mayo-mustard combo on top and then sprinkle bread crumbs on top. (You could place bread crumbs in shallow dish and dip the tops of the chicken into the bread crumbs.)
- Peel and cut the whole carrots into 4-inch pieces, then place around the chicken.
- Place the chicken and carrots into the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- While the chicken and carrots are roasting, trim the green beans and toss with olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove from the oven, add the green beans over the top of the chicken and carrots and return to oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Warm the dinner rolls.
- Serve Roasted Dijon Chicken and Veggies with dinner rolls.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #135.
Leave a Reply