This “magical” cake bakes itself “upside down” as the batter and creamy custard trade places in the baking dish – hope you enjoy this Raspberry Rhubarb Cream Cake!
Every summer I end up exploring with all kinds of rhubarb recipes because my mom adores rhubarb anything.
These Rhubarb Dream Bars are a hit.
So is this super easy Rhubarb Dump Cake.
And next up – the “magical” cake batter flipping Raspberry Rhubarb Cream Cake!
When you fill up the baking dish, you place the cake batter on the bottom, then the fruit, sugar and cream on the top. As it bakes in the oven, the cake batter rises and bakes over the cream-custard fruit layer.
Let it chill at least 4 hours in the fridge and enjoy!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- oil, see cake mix instructions
- eggs, see cake mix instructions
- water, see cake mix instructions
- 3 cups frozen rhubarb thawed
- 2 cups frozen raspberries thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, prepare the cake mix as directed with water, oil and eggs. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Add the rhubarb and raspberries directly into the batter and press down lightly. Sprinkle the sugar over the top. Pour the cream over the top of the fuit and sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the middle. If needed, loosely cover with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Let cool completely and chill for at least 4 hours, so that the custard layer on the bottom will set.
- Serve Raspberry Rhubarb Cream Cake as is, or topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.