For a while now, I’ve been toying with the idea of putting myself on a Gluten Free diet. No real reason really. Just want to see if I feel any different when eliminating gluten.
And here is a recipe that will be on the menu when (if ever) I decide to make that leap.
Red Quinoa with Avocado, Black Beans and Corn
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup frozen diced green pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, corn and black beans.
- Once softened, add the lime juice and cilantro.
- In a saucepan, cook the red quinoa as directed on the package.
- Once cooked, mix the quinoa in with the sauteing veggies.
- Dice up an avocado.
- Serve the avocado on top of the quinoa and veggies.
(I could have eaten 18 bowls. I really would have.)