I had firsts.
And *maybe* fourths.
(Perhaps it’s the half marathon training and the fact that my body is just CRAVING calories! Not only am I still full-time nursing, I’ve decided to train for the San Antonio Rock n Roll Half Marathon that will take place in November.Â I think I’m burning close to 3,000 calories per day. Hence *maybe* the fourth serving of this delicious quinoa salad.)
(But truth be told, I’d likely have eaten 4 bowls of this if I was not nursing and not training for this half marathon.)
Shall we move on to the ingredients?!
Chicken and Quinoa Waldorf Salad with Creamy Maple Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cup white quinoa ($1.25 ) (Red quinoa would be fine too)
- 2 cups chopped apples ($.75) From the manager's special apples...and again, a *child who shall remain nameless* ate several before I could get them mixed in
- 1 cup chopped walnuts ($1)
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries ($.50)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken ($1.50)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (free from Amazon using Swagbucks)
- 1/4 cup apple juice ($.05)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar ($.05)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise ($.20)
- Salt and pepper to taste