Today I spent some time in the kitchen. Most of the afternoon, really.
I’ve been creating some space in the freezer this week…only to fill it back up with today’s baked goodies!
Overall I made and mostly froze (because some had to be consumed for quality control purposes!!!)…
Because what a shame to not send these through quality control!!! They passed the mom, little boy and big boy test! All approved!
- 8 mini loaves Pumpkin Coconut Bread (recipe below)
- 1 large loaf Pumpkin Coconut Bread
- 12 regular size Cinnamon Butternut Squash Muffins
- 24 mini Cinnamon Butternut Squash Muffins
- 12 Oatmeal Raisin cookies (using dough I had in the freezer)
- 36 Cinnamon Rolls (I will share the recipe next week…including a dairy-free version!)
Pumpkin Coconut Bread
- 3 large 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 large loaf pans...or 1 loaf pan and 8 mini-loaf tins.
- In stand mixer or large mixing bowl, mix eggs, brown sugar, sugar, oil, applesauce, milk, pumpkin and coconut flakes, until well blended.
- Add wheat and white flours, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix into the wet ingredients for 2-3 minutes (in stand mixer or with hand mixer.). Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into 2 loaf pans or 1 loaf pan and 8 mini-loaf tins.
- Bake at 350. Large loaf pans for 50-55 minutes. Mini-loaf tin for 22-24 minutes, or until knife/toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on cooking rack.
- Serve or freeze.