Friday night we had a little gathering to celebrate a milestone. A BIG milestone!
I finished the cookbook manuscript!
That’s reason to celebrate, right???
Check out all this goodness…
Bacon Wrapped Onion Kebabs
Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around a “stack” of onions. Brush with favorite BBQ sauce. Grill!
- 1 yellow squash thickly sliced
- 1 zucchini thickly sliced
- 1 red pepper thickly sliced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups PLAIN Yogurt (drained thru coffee filter to remove excess moisture)
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup grated, seedless cucumber
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Mix lemon juice, pepper and olive oil for marinade. Pour over chicken in a glass dish with a lid and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Make the Tzatziki sauce by combining yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, cucumber and salt in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill.
- Skewer marinated chicken with the squash, zucchini & red pepper slices.
- Grill kebabs over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve Lemon Pepper Kebabs and veggies with homemade Tzatziki Sauce.
We had this many kebabs…times 2! And there were just 3 leftover!!!
A view from above of the “little people” table. They more or less “grazed” all evening…and I did see some nibbling from the buffet!
Andrea‘s Buffalo Chicken Dip, Becky‘s Hummus and Garden Veggie Salad, Amy‘s Fruit Salad, Jolyn‘s baked beans, my potato salad, brownies and a strawberry pie (made from this recipe)…plus a mountain of kebabs!
Oh. And here’s me.
Out from behind the camera!
My friend Jolyn was taking photos and I couldn’t help but make a few funny faces!!!
The bump is getting “wider”…I’m carrying “wide” again…wonder if it’ll be another boy! I’ve lost my hips…but haven’t popped too far out yet. Just the same way that I carried the boys! We’ll know in a few short days!
We are enjoying the day at our town’s parade and festival…followed by an evening of grilling on the patio with our family!
Happy 4th of July Weekend to you all!