Monique shared this recipe with me.Â Hello, scrumptious!
I couldn’t bring myself to buy the $2.49Â Â jar of peach salsa.Â So I compromised and used the peachesÂ I bought last week and the red onion from this week to make my own peach salsa.Â And ended up grilling it alongside the pork chops!
I also grilled up some zucchini and tomatoes in the grilling basket!
Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
- 3 large (or 4 smaller) pork chops ($2.19) I used a little more than 1 lb.
- 4 small peaches ($.75) About 1 lb.
- 1/2 red onion ($.35)
- Bunch parsley (from the garden)
- 1 tsp canola oil ($.03)
- 1 zucchini ($.50) From the farmer's market this afternoon
- 3 small tomatoes (from the garden)
- 2 garlic cloves ($.10)
- 4 basil leaves, chopped (from the garden)
- 1 tsp olive oil ($.03)
- 1 cup white rice ($.20)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill pork chops for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle. Cooking time will vary depending on heat of the grill and thickness of the chop.
- Cut peaches and red onion into 1 inch-ish size pieces. Add to bowl with chopped parsley and canola oil. Toss well. Add to grilling basket and grill for 8-10 minutes, or until peaches soften and onions become translucent. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from grilling basket.
- Slice zucchini into thin circles. Cut tomatoes into 1 inch-ish cubes. Add to bowl with minced garlic and chopped basil leaves and olive oil. Toss well. After the peach salsa has cooked, use the same grilling basket to grill the zucchini and tomatoes. Stir occasionally. Grill for 8-10 minutes, or until all the zucchinis have turned golden and the tomato skins have started to peel away. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In medium saucepan, add 1 cup rice with 2 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and summer for 20 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
- Serve Grilled Pork Chops over Rice with Grilled Peach Salsa and Grilled Zucchini/Tomato Medley.