I’ve been dreaming about these burgers for a while. A long while…ever since the Inside Out Cheeseburgers from last summer. I’ve been pondering what other delicious things could go inside of a burger…why not pesto!?!
A little homemade pesto.
Some provolone cheese.
A tomato, sliced just moments after picking from the garden.
All together as a burger…grilled to perfection.
Talk about a serious party of flavors in your mouth!!!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef or chuck
- 1 Tbsp steak grill seasoning
- 4 Tbsp store bought or homemade pest
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Tomato, lettuce, onion (whatever fixins you like)
- Ketchup, mayo (whatever condiments you like)
- Whole wheat buns
- 4 Corn cobs
- In a mixing bowl, combine the meat and steak grill seasoning. Form 8 thin, thin, thin, wide, wide, wide patties. (Remember, burgers shrink quite a bit when they grill. The patties I made were 5" in diameter.)
- Place 4 of the patties on a large plate or serving platter. Add 1 Tbsp of homemade pesto to each patty. Then top of the other 4 patties and pinch the meat around the edges to keep the pesto from oozing out.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of your burgers and temperature of the grill.
- Boil, microwave or grill the corn.
- Serve Pesto Stuffed Burgers with your favorite fixins and corn or other vegetable.