Holy flavor load…this pizza has it all! It’s got the creamy from the ricotta, and the punch of fresh herb-i-ness from the pesto, and the perfect balance of salt from the Parm and garlic from the…well, the garlic.
Seriously, can you taste it yet?!?
Make this amazing pizza with a homemade crust (it’s definitely cheaper this way!!!) or grab a pre-made crust from the store to make it! Whichever you choose, in the end it won’t matter because you’ll have fallen in love with the flavors from the toppings.
Here’s to a delicious next pizza night! *clink*
- 1 Whole Wheat Pizza Dough or store bought pizza crust
- 1/2 cup garlic basil pesto
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare the pizza dough according to instructions.
- After the pizza is rolled out onto the pizza stone, bake it at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and spread the pesto over the dough to within 3/4 inch of the dough edge. This will leave a good outer crust.
- Evenly distribute the sliced Roma tomatoes on the pesto. Spoon the ricotta between the tomatoes. Don't spread it. Just let it stay gently mounded.
- Return the pizza to the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Serve warm.