Jazz up your next patriotic holiday get together with these simple, decorated star shaped brownies!
Love me some brownies and I really love making them all festive and such – this time with some frosting and red-white-blue sprinkles and mini M&Ms!
You don’t have to be a super cake decorator to pull this off either…
And if you’d like to make homemade brownies instead of a box mix, this is my all-time favorite Homemade One-Bowl Mocha Brownies recipe. <<< it’s really the best homemade brownie recipe ever!
Here’s how to make these Patriotic Star Brownies…
Bake the brownies in 9×13 inch baking dish and let cool.
If you get impatient and don’t let them cool, the frosting will get all melty…so be patient 😉
Gathering your other supplies and candy decorations.
Set up the frosting into your piping bag or bottle.
Cut into star shapes.
It’s totally fine if you just nibble and nibble and nibble on the parts that don’t end up as stars. Not that I did that or anything…
Pipe the icing along the edges of the stars…
Just like that…
If it’s not perfect – don’t fret. The sprinkles and/or mini-M&Ms will cover that up!
Sprinkle and lightly press into the frosting so they stick well.
Here’s to a fun, festive and delicious patriotic dessert!
Patriotic Star Brownies
Yield – 12 brownies
Preparation Time – 25 minutes
Cooking Time – 60 minutes plus cooling time
- 2 brownie box mixes plus eggs and oil
- 1 jar vanilla frosting
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Miniature M&M’s
- Star cookie cutter
- Piping bag or ziploc bag
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your 2 bags of brownie mix, eggs, oil and water and whisk well.
- Pour into your grease pan and bake as directed.
- Let your brownies cool completely. Be patient! 🙂
- Cut with star cookie cutter to cut out as many stars as you can and place them on the parchment paper.
- Fill a ziploc bag with vanilla frosting and cut a small tip off the end, or place a flat tip into the piping bag and fill with frosting.
- Pipe the frosting to outline the edges of the brownies.
- Top with sprinkles and a few M&M’s if you choose.