Level up your next patriotic holiday get together with these simple, decorated flag-shaped brownies!
Love me some brownies and I really love making them all festive and such – this time with some frosting and red-white-blue M&Ms!
You don’t have to be a super cake decorator to pull this off either…
And if you’d like to make homemade brownies instead of a box mix, this is my all-time favorite Homemade One-Bowl Mocha Brownies recipe. <<< It’s really the best homemade brownie recipe ever!
Here’s how to make these Patriotic Flag Brownies…
Bake the brownies and cut using the rectangular cutting.
If you don’t have a rectangular shaped cookie cutter, you could use a well-greased knife. Greasing the knife will help keep the gooey-ness from sticking to the knife and make a cleaner cut on the brownie.
Add white frosting to the top of the browning.
Place the blue M&Ms, using a toothpick or skewer to get them into the right place.
Add the red and white M&Ms to make a flag.
Set out and enjoy!
Here’s to a fun, festive and delicious patriotic dessert!
- 2 boxes brownie mix plus eggs and oil
- Patriotic M&Ms (look for in-stores during the holiday season)
- Wilton White Cookie Icing
- 3" rectangle cookie cutter
- Foil, toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare and bake the brownie batter according to package directions.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool completely. Be patient!
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out as many rectangles as possible as close together as possible.
- Place the brownies on a serving plate or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Heat the Wilton icing in the microwave for 15 seconds and shake.
- Gently squeeze the icing from the bottle and carefully outline the brownie.
- Then, fill in the icing and use a toothpick to help smooth it out.
- Place 4 blue M&M's in the upper right corner of the brownie.
- Place 3 red M&M's across the top of the brownies.
- Place 3 white M&M's in the middle of the brownie.
- Place 5 red M&M's on the bottom of the brownie.
- Repeat this process with all the brownies.