Dinner on the Table in 15 Minutes or Less?! Totally Possible with This Meal…If You Follow This Order!
This Tomato & Zucchini Sauce is delightful over any type of pasta noodles.
You can have this on the table in 15-20 minutes if you follow this order…
Boil the water.
Chop the zucchini and start sauteing.
Add pasta to water.
Add tomatoes to skillet.
Saute the veggies. Boil the pasta for 8-9 minutes.
Drain and serve…in 15 minutes!
How to Make Pasta with Tomato & Zucchini Sauce
(Start boiling water for pasta.)
Cut the zucchini into bite size, quartered pieces.
Add olive oil to skillet.
Add zucchini pieces and seasoning.
Saute for 4-5 minutes, while water is boiling.
(Add pasta to boiling water.)
Add can of whole tomatoes to the skillet.
Over medium heat, bring to bubbling.
If preferred, cut the larger tomatoes pieces into smaller pieces and stir into the sauce.
Let simmer while pasta cooks and gets drained.
Serve Zucchini & Tomato sauce over your favorite pasta!
- 1 lb. pasta noodles long or small shell
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 28 oz. can whole, peeled tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese garnish
- Salad or veggies side dish
- Cook the pasta, as directed. Once cooked, drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the zucchini pieces and saute for 4-5 minutes, tossing often. Toss the zucchini with the Italian seasoning blend.
- Add the canned whole, peeled tomatoes and mix in with the zucchini. Reduce heat to medium and bring to bubbling. Let simmer while pasta cooks.
- Serve Zucchini & Tomato Sauce over the pasta with Parmesan cheese garnish.