The last couple Fridays, I’ve shared some grilling ideas and grilled pizza recipes. But this Friday, it’s all about
And simple too. It’s a “boil the kale, boil the pasta, then toss with some lemon and Parmesan” kind of simple.
Serve like this…or with some fresh fruit…or with a side of grilled chicken slices. Whatever suits you!
And I hope y’all have a splendidly superb and delightful July 4th weekend!
- 12 kale leaves
- 1 lb. small pasta noodles fusili or small shell
- 2 lemons juiced and zested
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh fruit side
- grilled, sliced chicken mix-in
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to boil. Add 1 Tbsp salt and then add the kale leaves. Boil 2-3 minutes, or until the kale is soft and bright green. Drain in colander and rinse with cool water. Let sit for a few minutes before chopping. Then chop into bite size pieces.
- In a different saucepan (or the same one), boil the pasta noodles. Once cooked, drain and rinse with cool water if you are planning to serve this as a cold dish.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the chopped kale leaves. Then squeeze in the juice of 2 lemons, plus 1 tsp lemon zest. Add in the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve as is...or with fresh fruit...or with sliced grilled chicken on top. Or mixed in. (whatever works for you, works for me!)
- Serve chilled or warm.