Watch and See How Fast and Simple This Dinner Comes Together
This one-dish dinner is going to LIGHT UP in your kitchen!
- Simple ingredients.
- Delicious meal.
- Little dishes.
This is my favorite kind of dinner!
How to Cook Penne & Ham Skillet Dinner
Melt the butter in large skillet with tight-fitting lid.
Add the chopped onions and saute for 3-5 minutes.
Add the frozen peas and toss with the onions for 2-3 minutes, so they can warm up a bit.
Stir in the chopped ham.
Add the pasta noodles over the top.
Pour in the chicken stock.
Then pour in the cream.
Mix to combine.
Pour in more chicken stock until the pasta are all “under water” in the liquid.
Press the pasta into the sauce.
When it looks like this, put on the lid and reduce heat to medium low.
Let cook for 8 minutes.
Do not open while it’s cooking.
If needed, cover and cook another 2-3 minute or until pasta is tender.
Toss together. Add salt and pepper.
Add into the Parmesan cheese.
Sauce might be a little on the runny side. It will thicken as it cools.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups ham chopped
- 12 oz. penne pasta
- 3 cups chicken stock divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese garnish
- In a large skillet with tight-fitting lid, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the frozen peas and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add in the chopped ham and combine together.
- Add in the dry penne pasta noodles. Pour in 2 cups of chicken stock and the heavy cream. Stir to combine. Stir in the remaining chicken stock, until the pasta noodles are all "under water." Add more water or chicken stock to cover the pasta. Press pasta into the liquid.
- Put the lid on the skillet and reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 8 to 11 minutes, or until pasta is cooked through.
- Once cooked, add salt and pepper and the grated Parmesan. Remove from heat and stir together. Sauce will thicken as it cools. Garnish with shredded or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve Penne & Ham Skillet as one-dish meal, or with side salad or veggies.