So the last dessert I shared was on the complete opposite end of the dessert calorie spectrum.
(Grilled Doughnut Strawberry Shortcakes.)
Take a moment to go and drool.
And if you’re in the market for something sweet, delicious and not so high in calories, to end your summer meal, look no further. I feel like this recipe is somewhat oxymoronic…as who wants to heat up their kitchen in the summer…but peaches are cheapest and
tastiest most tasty in the the summer. But I’m sharing it, because well…I’m feeling oxymoronic these days.
I supposed that you could grill these babies over indirect heat. I wouldn’t turn them upside down (like in this Grilled Pork Chops with Peaches recipe), as the butter and maple syrup would drip right off. But you could grill them “seed side up” for a few minutes, until they soften. Then serve.
Either way…a delicious low-cal dessert y’all!
Maple Roasted Peaches
- 4 peaches ripe
- 8 tsp butter
- 8 tsp maple syrup
- dash of cinnamon garnish
- whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream garnish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice the peaches along the axis and open up. Remove the seed and lay seed side up in a glass baking dish.
- Add a dollop of button and 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup to each seed pocket. Add a dash of cinnamon over each peach.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, check for "doneness." They will be very soft once done.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve Maple Roasted Peaches, with dollop of whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.
Barb @ Frugal Local Kitchen says
I wonder if you could do them in the crockpot like apples. That would prevent heating the kitchen plus surround the peaches with concentrated heat.
This looks like such a delicious recipe. I hate to say it – I’m thinking about topping mine with homemade whipped cream.