So the last dessert I shared was on the complete opposite end of the dessert calorie spectrum.
Take a moment to go and drool.
And if you’re in the market for something sweet, delicious and not so high in calories, to end your summer meal, look no further. I feel like this recipe is somewhat oxymoronic…as who wants to heat up their kitchen in the summer…but peaches are cheapest and
tastiest most tasty in the the summer. But I’m sharing it, because well…I’m feeling oxymoronic these days.
I supposed that you could grill these babies over indirect heat. I wouldn’t turn them upside down (like in this Grilled Pork Chops with Peaches recipe), as the butter and maple syrup would drip right off. But you could grill them “seed side up” for a few minutes, until they soften. Then serve.
Either way…a delicious low-cal dessert y’all!
Maple Roasted Peaches
- 4 peaches, ripe and soft
- 8 small dollops butter or margarine
- 8 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Dashes of cinnamon
- Garnish - whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice the peaches along the axis and open up. Remove the seed and lay seed side up in a glass baking dish.
- Add a dollop of button and 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup to each seed pocket. Add a dash of cinnamon over each peach.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, check for "doneness." They will be very soft once done.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve Maple Roasted Peaches, with dollop of whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream.