I have been itching to make some lettuce wraps ever since getting my lettuce transplants from the store earlier this year. I’ve been waiting for the leaves to grow larger enough to actually wrap…and that time is now.
When I learned about Chris Lilly and his Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Mango Marinade recipe from KC Masterpiece, I was inspired. I made my own twist on the recipe to keep it close to $5…and love the way it turned out!!!
Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Fresh and flavorful!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1.5 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup Spicy Mango Marinade from KC Masterpiece
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Spicy Mango Marinade
- Lettuce leaves from the garden
- Optional: Use tortillas instead of lettuce wraps
- 1 bag Steamers frozen peas
- Marinate the chicken thighs in the Spicy Mango Marinade for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While the chicken is marinating, cut the mango and chop the celery. Crush the garlic and add it into the mix. Season with some salt and pepper.
- After the chicken thighs have marinated, grill them until they are cooked through. Then slice and dice them…and add them to the mango mixture. Toss and add into lettuce leaves or tortillas.
- Cook the Steamers peas as directed on package.
- Serve Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps with peas.
emailing this one to my mama!
Where did you find the Spicy Mango Marinade, I live in Texas, I am unsure if I have ever seen this here, love the recipe thou, would love to try it, I used to live in Florida and had a Mango tree out my front door, and used to love to make recipes with Mango in them, thanks for this
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
I believe it’s a new product…check the condiments/marinade shelves?! And if it’s not there yet, it will be soon. 🙂
Debbi Does Dinner Healthy says
I”m going to try to find that marinade or sauce. It sounds awesome! LOVE the wraps! I”m hoping to use mango more this summer. Thanks!
This looks SOOO AMAZING!
Love this and your site!
Couldn’t find the sauce today )-; Hoping to substitute something- cause it sounds yummy- although it’s also not really grilling season here yet.