I have been itching to make some lettuce wraps ever since getting my lettuce transplants from the store earlier this year. I’ve been waiting for the leaves to grow larger enough to actually wrap…and that time is now.
When I learned about Chris Lilly and his Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Mango Marinade recipe from KC Masterpiece, I was inspired. I made my own twist on the recipe to keep it close to $5…and love the way it turned out!!!
- 1.5 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup Spicy Mango Marinade from KC Masterpiece
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Spicy Mango Marinade
- Lettuce leaves from the garden
- Optional: Use tortillas instead of lettuce wraps
- 1 bag Steamers frozen peas
- Marinate the chicken thighs in the Spicy Mango Marinade for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While the chicken is marinating, cut the mango and chop the celery. Crush the garlic and add it into the mix. Season with some salt and pepper.
- After the chicken thighs have marinated, grill them until they are cooked through. Then slice and dice them…and add them to the mango mixture. Toss and add into lettuce leaves or tortillas.
- Cook the Steamers peas as directed on package.
- Serve Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps with peas.