If you are in need of a gluten free breakfast to enjoy this fall, here you go. Quinoa makes for a fantastic breakfast…as it is packed with protein and doesn’t leave you wanting more, like a bowl of cereal can. Mix in some pumpkin and fall spices and you’ve got the perfect warm meal for a crisp cool morning.
(Also, this is a great way to use just part of a can of pumpkin. We talked about this on Wednesday…so plan to make some Pumpkin Chai Snickerdoodle Cookies, and use the rest of the pumpkin for this breakfast quinoa!)
- Similar Recipe ~ Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa with Walnuts & Raisins
- Other helpful link ~ Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
Hope y’all enjoy this new fall breakfast as much as I do!
- 2 cups quinoa
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, or other sweetener
- 1 Tbsp homemade pumpkin pie spice
- Rinse the quinoa in a colander to help remove the bitter taste.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to boiling, then add the rinsed quinoa. Return to boiling, then reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Onec cooked, fluff with fork and add the canned pumpkin, brown sugar (or other sweetener, add to taste), and the spices. If you don't have all the spices on hand to make the pumpkin pie spice mix, adding 2 tsp cinnamon plus 1 tsp of ginger will work too.
- Serve Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa with a piece of fruit.
- To prepare as "make ahead," divide into small plastic containers and refrigerate up to 5 days.