This SOUP-ERB Fusion of Macaroni and Cheese and a Cheeseburger Will Soon Be Your New Family Favorite!
You Will Love This Hearty Twist on a Comfort Classic!
A Soupy, Hearty Twist on Classic Comfort
Servings - 8 servings
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 4 sticks whole carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground beef browned
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard optional
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups hot water
- 12 oz. elbow pasta noodles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- If needed, brown the ground beef in a large pot or Dutch oven. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter and saute the chopped onion, celery and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic, browned ground beef, dried thyme and dried basil. Saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and water and bring to bubbling. Once it reaches a rolling boil, add the elbow pasta noodles and return to bubbling. Then, reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until elbow noodles are softened.
- Stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir in until it melts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve Mac & Cheeseburger Soup with favorite side dishes.