Simple is better.
Always my motto when it comes to food, feeding my family, and in life in general.
Life is just too short for complicated.
And my boys are too hungry and antsy right before dinner for complicated.
So easy and simple.
This is a ground beef skillet meal with an easy homemade Korean sauce using fairly common ingredients – sesame oil is used in this recipe…but I think that should be a staple in every home chef’s pantry 🙂
Bring it all to bubbling and then stir in a cornstarch slurry, if you want to thicken it. To make a slurry, mix equal parts water and cornstarch in a tiny bowl and then swirl it into the sauce. Let simmer over low heat and the sauce will thicken in a few minutes.
Korean Beef with Rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Side: rice
- Side: salad
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain, if needed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beef stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced onion, garlic powder, ground ginger and salt and pepper. Pour over the browned ground beef, reduce heat to medium low and saute for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Swirl the cornstarch with a tablespoon or two of water and stir it into the sauce. Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken the sauce. Garnish meat sauce with sliced green onions.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Korean Beef with Rice and side salad green onion garnish over rice with salad.
Leave a Reply