Here’s my favorite ketogenic twist on Sloppy Joes!
Sloppy joe sauce is traditionally tangy and sweet, so we’re getting the tang and a touch of low-carb sweet into this homemade sauce.
Add the meat to lettuce leaves with keto friendly toppings like jalapenos and shredded cheese, and voila….delicious Keto Sloppy Joes!
Once you brown up the meat and simmer with the sauce, then it’s assembly time…
Lettuce wraps, plus topping….
Another fun alternative would be to do the meat over sauted riced cauliflower.
Low Carb Ingredients on Amazon
Low Carb Ketchup
Hope you enjoy these Keto, Low Carb Sloppy Joes!
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low carb ketchup
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp low carb brown sugar substitute/sweetener
- Green leaf lettuce leaves
- Shredded cheddar cheese garnish
- Diced jalapenos garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the lean ground beef (or turkey) with the minced onion and garlic powder. Drain the grease.
- Combine the browned meat with the low carb ketchup, mustard and sweetener. Let simmer a few minutes to allow the flavors to mingle.
- Prep lettuce leaves and garnishes.
- Serve Sloppy Joe meat in lettuce leaves with shredded cheese and diced jalapenos garnish.