My boys love burgers. It’s generally what they order off the kids’ menu when we go out for dinner, and what they would request if I asked them what they wanted to grill for dinner. When Hellmann’s asked us to give this new recipe for the Juicy Salsa Burger a try, I hoped it would be a hit with the family. I knew the burger part would be a hit…but I wasn’t so sure about the salsa on top part. I thought it might take a little convincing…
I have one boy who is a “ketchup only” burger purist. Another boy always requests “ketchup with no mustard” (which always makes me laugh, because he could just say ketchup only!). And the other boy is a “ketchup, pickles and mustard” burger eater.
At our dinner table, we have a “one bite rule” when we try something new. Because I’m always making new and fun foods in the kitchen, they are quite accustomed to trying different things. They all had their “one bite” and we only had 1 protest to the new salsa addition. I call that a win!
But it’s not the salsa part that we’re focusing on here. This burger was amazing. The burger part. I’ve never added mayonnaise to a burger before…but I can tell you that it’s something I’ll be doing more often.
Because yes…juicy, juicy, juicy. You can even see that in the photo. No more dry burgers at our house!
Juicy Salsa Burger
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 small white onion, peeled and grated
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 6 - 8 hamburger buns
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- Chips, as side dish
- Mix ground beef, mayonnaise, grated onion, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 6 - 8 burger patties depending on how large you make them.
- Grill to desired temperature.
- Serve Juicy Burgers with salsa on top and a side of fruit and chips.