This beautiful Jalapeño Popper Quick Bread is a must-try if you love jalapeños and all things good!
Savory quick bread made with all the ingredients of your favorite jalapeño popper!
I’m surprised I even was able to take photos of this Jalapeño Popper Quick Bread.
Because it smelled amazing while it was cooking, and the minute it came out of the oven the boys in my house flocked to the kitchen! We all absolutely LOVED it.
Warm bread, fresh out of the oven is just delightful to begin with.
But this recipe takes homemade bread to the next level!
It’s savory, not too spicy for the kids, and well…bacon and cheese are involved so you can’t go wrong here. It has QUICK in the title which is the best word to see in a recipe title.
This recipe doesn’t require any fancy tools or bread maker machines. You just need a mixing bowl and a baking dish!
So guess what? That also means it’s not-a-lot-of-dirty-dishes bread too.
Let’s also talk about how pretty it is. It has color and looks… well, it looks exciting to me! And I love when a recipe has a very impressive outcome, but doesn’t require impressive effort.
Win. Win. Win. For everyone.
But mostly a win for whoever gets to enjoy this beautiful bread…
Hot outta the oven!
A delightful loaf of savory quick bread!
Don’t mix the batter too much, as you want little bits of cream cheese to stay together in the bread for that magical pop of tang.
Yes, it is as scrumptious as it looks!
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 jalapeños seeds removed
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Set out cream cheese to soften.
- Cook the bacon and crumble.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeño and slice into thin strips, no longer than 1/3-inch long.
- Slice the green onions into thin circles that will easily mix into the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- To the flour mixture, add the softened cream cheese, milk, egg, and melted butter. Gently combine into thick dough.
- Using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula, gently fold in the shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, jalapeño strips, and sliced green onions.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Let cool before slicing with serrated bread knife. Enjoy!
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #224.