“You had me at Gyros.”
Oh wait, that’s not it. “You had me at hello.”
It’s like these lovely gyros with their homemade tzatziki sauce are calling my name… and I’m responding, Renee Zellweger style.
What I love about the all-purpose pressure cooked shredded pork that we shared on Monday is how versatile the leftover pork is…exhibit A being that lovely gyro above!
- 2-3 cups All Purpose Pork cooked & shredded
- 4 pitas get thicker, softer pitas - not the split pitas
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 Roma tomato sliced
- 1/4 small red onion very thinly sliced
- 8 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh fruit, as side dish
- This recipe uses leftover or extra shredded pork, cooked in the instant pot.
- Add the shredded pork into the pita and top with cucumber, tomato and red onion.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the plain yogurt with the dill, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Add tzatziki topping to the pork and pita bread.
- Serve Instant Pot Pork Gryos with side of fruit.