So. Much. Flavor.
Seriously, this chicken is fantastic…and so simple to make in the Instant Pot. Please read directions closely for shredding and sauce thickening details. 🙂
This is the perfect – “oooooops, I forgot to start the slow cooker this morning” kind of meal. You could make this in the slow cooker, but if you forget…here is the Instant Pot version. (Not that I forget to start the slow cooker sometimes?!?!? lol)
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Sliced green onions, as garnish
- Rice, as side
- Salad, as side
- Place the chicken into the electric pressure cooker insert with the hot water. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, minced onion, and ground ginger. Do NOT add the cornstarch.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- After cooking, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Then mix the cornstarch with the same amount of water and swirl into the sauce. Let sit on "keep warm mode" for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring a few times, to allow sauce to thicken.
- Cook the rice, as directed.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken over rice with side salad.