The FAST, NO HEAT way to cook your corn on the cob this summer…
Your Instant Pot!!!!
It’s quick (3 minutes, plus come to pressure time) and you won’t heat up your kitchen or have to cook them out of the grill!
The kernels are perfectly softened and cooked, and if you can time it right to have these ready just as you’re plating dinner…the following will happen.
Corn on the cobs are still warm from the cooking and the butter will melt into each of the nooks and crannies. Couple pinches of salt and pepper and they’ll be ready to eat!
*If cooking more than 4 or 5 pieces of corn, add 1 extra minute of cooking time.
If you’re new to the Instant Pot, I recommend this one. And highly recommend getting started with my Electric Pressure Cooking 101 class…it’s been called the “walking user guide” and “perfect for the new and amateur Instant Pot user.”
I know we’ll be enjoying this corn all summer long and hope you will too…
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 3 minutes
- 4 corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 cup water
- 4+ Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your instant pot insert.
- Place the steam rack into the insert.
- Place the shucked corn on top of the rack and put the lid on.
- Set to Sealing.
- Manual, High for 3 minutes.
- Release: Natural or Quick.
- Remove and slather with butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Instant Pot Corn on the Cob as summer side dish.
This recipe is featured on SouthernPlate.com’s Meal Plan Monday #67.