Read the directions closely…especially the part about how much liquid is needed!
Instant Pot Chicken & Sausage Alfredo
Servings: 4 persons
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 2 links smoked pre-cooked sausage
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz. box small shell pasta
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Side: salad
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Slice the smoked sausage.
- Add the chicken pieces with the olive oil, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder into the Instant Pot insert. Using the Saute mode of your Instant Pot, saute for 4 to 5 minutes, tossing often. Press Cancel twice to turn it off.
- Add in the sliced sausage, small shell pasta and then the chicken stock. Gently stir and get all of the pasta to be "underwater." Add a little more water, if needed, to get the pasta to all be covered by the liquid.
- Set to Sealing.
- Cooking on Manual, High, for 7 minutes.
- Let naturally release at least 5 minutes, then release remaining pressure.
- Give the cooked pasta, chicken and sausage a gentle stir.
- Then stir in the cream, Parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella. Stir through and keep on warm mode until ready to serve.
- Prepare the salad.
- Serve Instant Pot Chicken & Sausage Alfredo Skillet with side salad.