This Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu is fabulous! At least compared to the frozen chicken cordon bleu’s that my mom used to heat up for our dinners when we were kids. LOL
I loved how the breading turned out just soft enough, but crispy enough. And of course, if you wanted to crisp it up even more, you could run it under a hi or lo broil for just a minute or two. We enjoyed it as is, after the pressure cook cycle.
HIGHLY recommend that you make these on the steamer rack – either the one that comes with your Instant Pot, or one like this collapsible steamer rack.
Hope you enjoy this fabulous Instant Pot chicken dinner!Â
Helpful Instant Pot Resources
- Electric Pressure Cooking 101 â€“ Online Class
- Which Instant Pot is Right for Me?
- Instant Pot Recipes on $5 Dinners
Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices ham deli meat
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Side: rice
- Side: veggies
- Lightly pound out the the chicken breasts, to about half-inch thick, so that you can roll them up with the ham and cheese. Pour the chicken stock into the electric pressure cooker insert and add the steamer rack. (You can place the rolled chicken directly into the stock, but we recommend using a steamer rack if you have one.)
- Set out a shallow dish with the melted butter and another shallow dish with the breadcrumbs.
- Place 2 ham slices and 1 cheese slice onto each pounded chicken and roll up tight. Dip the tops into the butter and then roll in the breadcrumbs and nestle onto the steamer rack.
- Steam valve: Sealing.
- Cook on: Manual/High for 10 minutes.
- Release: Natural release, at least 5 minutes.
- Cook the rice as directed.
- Prepare veggies.
- Serve Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu with side of rice and veggies.