Chicken and Rice Night is about to get an upgrade in flavor!
If you love chicken and rice casseroles, here’s a popular one made in the Instant Pot!
Here’s a pictorial for you…
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and saute with oil, garlic and onion.
Add the rice and stock.
Fluff the rice and chicken, after it’s been pressure cooked.
Add the butter.
And the cheese.
Stir in the broccoli and leave on warm for 5 minutes, to allow it to steam slightly.
Serve and enjoy!
Helpful Instant Pot Resources
- Electric Pressure Cooking 101 – Online Class
- Which Instant Pot is Right for Me?
- Instant Pot Recipes on $5 Dinners
Instant Pot Chicken, Broccoli & Cheddar Rice
Yield – 6 to 8 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 7 minutes
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 broccoli head
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Add the oil, minced onion and minced garlic to the Instant Pot insert.
- Turn on Saute mode and toss the chicken pieces with the oil, onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken begins to cook on the edges. It will finish cooking during the pressure cook cycle.
- Pour in the dry rice and broth, and gently stir to get all the rice underwater.
- Put the lid on and set to Sealing.
- Cook on High, for 7 minutes.
- Let naturally release.
- Chop the broccoli into bite size pieces/florets.
- Fluff the rice and chicken, then stir in the butter, cheese and broccoli. Leave on warm mode for 5 minutes to let broccoli steam up. If you want it to be creamier, you can add 3-4 Tbsp milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Instant Pot Chicken, Broccoli and Rice, as one dish meal or with side salad.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #124.