That’s what I have to say about these grits.
They are rich, flavorful and super filling. And affordable!!!
That’s exactly the kind of meal I need for feeding my growing brood of boys. Their bottomless pit stomachs are only getting bigger and I’m just here trying to keep up…without going broke.
And that’s why I love this recipe and meal so much…
It’s great for a hearty weekend breakfast (not sure I could pull this off during the weekday, get out the door for school, “WE ARE LATE” rush!!!) or a fun weeknight dinner.
Instant Pot Cheesy Sausage Grits
Yield – 6 to 8 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
- 1 lb. mild breakfast sausage
- 1 cup ground grits
- 1 packet Ranch dressing (or 2 Tbsp homemade Ranch dressing mix)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Add the breakfast sausage to the base of the Instant Pot insert. Set on “saute mode” and brown. Stir often while it’s browning. If you’d like add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth to deglaze the bottom.
- Once browned, add the grits, Ranch dressing, minced garlic, and then pour in the chicken broth. Stir well.
- Put the lid on and set to Sealing.
- Cook on High, for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure, then stir in the cream and shredded cheese.
- Serve Instant Pot Cheesy Sausage Grits with some fresh fruit – for breakfast or dinner. Enjoy!
A few step by step photos for you!
Brown the sausage on Saute mode.
Then add in the garlic, ranch dressing mix and grits…
Pour in the broth…
Give it all a good stir.
Then, cook on High for 10 minutes.
Once cooked, combine well and then stir in the shredded cheese.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #159