I adore adore adore the way that the Instant Pot infuses flavor, in general. And with chilis, it takes the flavor to the next level.
NEXT. LEVEL. CHILI.
If you have an Instant Pot and you haven’t used it yet, start with this.
And if you keep hearing about the Instant Pot and you are wanting to get one or add one to your wishlist, this is the one that I recommend.
And of course, my Electric Pressure Cooking 101 class will set you up for big success with your Instant Pot Cooking!
Instant Pot Beef & Black Bean Chili
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 15 oz. can corn
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups beef broth
- Garnish: sour cream and/or shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Side salad
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet with the minced onion and garlic powder. (Note: You can use the saute function within the Instant Pot to brown the ground beef, but I prefer to do it in a skillet.)
- Add the browned ground beef, diced tomatoes, drained black beans, drained corn and chopped green bell peppers with the chili powder, ground cumin, lime juice and beef broth to the Instant Pot insert.
- Set on High and cook for 15 minutes.
- Let release naturally, then open it up. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with sour cream and/or shredded cheese, and serve with side salad.
This recipe is featured on Meal Plan Monday #188.