Sautéing summer squash…it has never worked well for me.
I mean, it works…but not perfectly.
I recently figured out that if I partially steam it before sautéing it…the results are quite tasty!
Here’s how to saute summer squash!
- 2 medium yellow squash sliced to 1/4-inch
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sliced squash into a skillet with the water, sugar and olive oil.
- Add the olive oil and sugar to the skillet and heat over medium high heat. Toss in the sliced summer squash and saute for 3 minutes. Toss and saute another 2 minutes.
- Then add in the water and deglaze the pan and let the water "steam" the squash. Toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve Sauteed Summer Squash as side dish.