We also had homemade guacamole and homemade corn tortilla chips to snack on.
Homemade Guacamole with Homemade Tortilla Chips
- 2 avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Rotel tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp sour cream (omit if GFCFSF, tastes great without it!)
- 1 tsp salt
- Scoop out flesh from avocado. Smash with fork.
- Add crushed garlic, lemon juice, Rotel, sour cream and salt. Mix well.
- Serve with homemade chips!
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 15 minutes
- 2 packages corn tortillas
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut tortillas into 6 triangles each.
- In bowl, mix tortillas triangles with oil and salt. Lay flat on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350, or until crispy. Don’t over cook, as they will brown and lose their good taste!