If you’re looking for a recipe to use up some ham in your freezer that’s left over from a holiday meal, then this Ham and Potatoes with Baked Eggs skillet should do the trick.
This is easy enough that it could be a weekday morning breakfast. It does take a few minutes to get things sauteed, but only needs a few minutes to bake. So it would be easy to fit into the morning kitchen plan!
- Turn on oven.
- Dump potatoes and ham into skillet.
- Make lunches.
- Toss the potatoes and ham.
- Holler at kids to get shoes on. And to pack their backpacks.
- Put the whole skillet into the oven.
- Make sure everyone is presentable and that shoes are on the right feet. Cut up fresh fruit. Put final touches on lunches.
- Serve warm, filling, hearty and wholesome breakfast.
- Give hugs and kisses and send everyone off to work and school.
Hope you enjoy this delicious & hearty breakfast, or brinner!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bag (28 oz.) frozen diced Potatoes OBrien (or 3 cups diced gold potatoes)
- 2 cups ham, diced (or 2 chicken and apple sausage links, diced)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dash of Italian seasoning for serving
- Fresh fruit; as side dish
- Preheat to 350.
- Add the oil, potatoes and ham to the skillet and saute for 7 to 9 minutes. Then make a few wells for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into each well. Then put the skillet right into the hot oven.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or longer if you want the egg completely baked.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper and some Italian seasonings onto each egg.
- Serve Ham and Potatoes Saute with Baked Eggs and a side of fresh fruit.