Well kids…when FRESH salmon fillets are on sale for $2.99/lb…there is just no passing that up! I do believe I had to pick my jaw up off the ground while standing in front of the fresh fish counter! I have N-E-V-E-R seen such low prices for fresh salmon fillets! So grilled salmon it is!
Grilled Lemon Pepper Salmon
- 1.3 lb. fresh salmon fillet
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasonings
- 1 yellow summer squash, fresh from the garden
- 2 cups of Rice with Garden Greens
- Season salmon fillet with lemon pepper seasonings. Grill until fillet is no longer pink in the middle and fish has completely cooked through.
- Wash and slice squash into circles. Steam in stovetop steamer for 4-5 minutes, or until squash flesh becomes opaque. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Thaw and cook rice with garden greens with about 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan to reheat and "refluff."
- Serve Lemon Pepper Salmon with Steamed Squash and Rice with Garden Greens.