Well kids…when FRESH salmon fillets are on sale for $2.99/lb…there is just no passing that up! I do believe I had to pick my jaw up off the ground while standing in front of the fresh fish counter! I have N-E-V-E-R seen such low prices for fresh salmon fillets! So grilled salmon it is!
Grilled Lemon Pepper Salmon
The best thing to make when salmon is on sale!
Servings - 4 servings
- 1.3 lb. fresh salmon fillet
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasonings
- 1 yellow summer squash, fresh from the garden
- 2 cups of Rice with Garden Greens
- Season salmon fillet with lemon pepper seasonings. Grill until fillet is no longer pink in the middle and fish has completely cooked through.
- Wash and slice squash into circles. Steam in stovetop steamer for 4-5 minutes, or until squash flesh becomes opaque. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Thaw and cook rice with garden greens with about 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan to reheat and "refluff."
- Serve Lemon Pepper Salmon with Steamed Squash and Rice with Garden Greens.
Jessie at Blog Schmog says
You are a magician, I can’t believe you found salmon for $2.99! Yum!
Magician, no! Just paying close attention to the ads!!! I couldn’t believe it either!
Jocelyn Stott says
This is AWESOME! And looks soooo yummy! Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!
My brother-in-law brought salmon to our 4th of July cookout. He grilled it and it was so yummy!
Going Green Mama says
This looks great. We hit up the salmon deal and stirfried it with some leftover snow peas from the farmers market and some teriyaki sauce. Awesome!
Most days I feel lucky if I can get my family to eat veggies (other than potatoes and corn) at all, so your posts are always an inspiration to me…thanks! 🙂
Susie's Homemade says
That is an incredible deal on salmon!!
Where did you find that wonderful price on salmon? I’ve never seen it that low either! 🙂
Kroger…Dayton, OH! I couldn’t believe it either!
I guess finding useful, reliable ifrnomaiton on the internet isn’t hopeless after all.
Happy Cheapskate says
I was pleasantly surprised at the frozen salmon that I got at Aldi- last night we thawed it out and ended up broiling it instead of grilling because we ran out of propane. It’s only 3.49 for a pound of wild salmon, which is I guess supposed to be better for you than farmed salmon (more omega-3’s)… I will try to make fish part of our frugal eating plans from now on!
Frugal Friend says
I linked this recipe to my Menu Post here:
Thanks for the great recipes and!