I don’t think I’ll ever go back to oven pizza.
Never. Ever. Never.
- Store bought or homemade pizza dough
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup store bought or homemade pizza sauce
- 2 cups cooked and diced ham
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Make homemade pizza dough. Let rise. (I sorta skipped this rise part and the dough turned out just fine. I was in a hurry. What can I say?!)
- Roll the dough out on a clean and floured surface. Roll as if you were making a thin crust pizza.
- And let the little people help.
- Slice a fresh pineapple into 1/4″ or thinner slices.
- Grill the pineapple slices.
- Try not to eat them straight off the grill. Because if you do, you’ll burn your tongue. But if you wait a few minutes for the slices to cool, they make for a succulent appetizer.
- Once cooled, tear or cut the pineapple away from the center core. Slice into bite size pieces to throw on top of the pizza.
- Brush olive oil onto one side of the dough.
- Place on the grill and then brush olive oil over that side. Dough will bubble after a few minutes. Turn down the heat at this point.
- Once the edges of the dough have cooked through, then flip and start loading it up.
- Spread some pizza sauce over the top.
- Then add the cooked and diced ham, and bits of the grilled pineapple.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Turn off the grill and cover for about 5 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Serve Grilled Hawaiian Pizza.
This is all we had for dinner.
The boys and I ate this pizza without cheese. And quite honestly, it didn’t need it! Quite amazing without the cheese.
And I’m telling you. I’m never going back to oven pizza.
A splurge worth making!