I grew up in South Texas. Where you can find a fajita on just about every corner. But I’ve never had Fajitas in pasta form.
Must say…not too bad.
If we could have had this with sour cream, I would have totally added some. But it certainly didn’t need it!
How to Cook Chicken Fajita Pasta
Saute the fajita veggies.
Add to mixing bowl with cooked pasta.
Stir in some grilled chicken bites.
Toss well and enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts grilled and diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice for marinade
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin for marinade
- 12 oz. box bowtie pasta
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 bag frozen peppers and onion blend
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 2 avocadoes sliced for side dish
- Place the lime juice and ground cumin for the marinade in the bottom of the dish you'll use to marinate the chicken.
- Sprinkle a little more of the ground cumin and a few drops of lime juice on top. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Grill until cooked through, then dice.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta.
- And saute the frozen veggies. (No need to let them thaw.)
- Toss in the ground cumin and lime juice and saute with the veggies for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir often.
- Add veggies in with the cooked pasta. (If you want to add sour cream...add 1/2-1 cup here.)
- Toss in the grilled and diced chicken.
- Serve Grilled Chicken Fajita Pasta with avocado slices.
Perfect timing! I’m trying to clean out the fridge/pantry and was wondering what I could do with 3 chicken breasts and the pasta I had left over!
~Kelli @ Smidgens
I love this!! I am from South Texas (Houston, actually) where are you from?
Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom says
I grew up in San Antonio and went to college in FW!
Barb Dawson says
Looks like a good recipe and that it would be good as left overs-if there were any!
I would like 2 win # 8 necklace! THANKS!
I think this would be fab if you added a jar of alfredo (or homemade) instead of the sour cream!
My super picky family would never eat this but I SOOO WOULD!!!! I might have to make some just for me 🙂 Thank you for sharing!
I’m making this during the week since I have most of these items. Great idea!
This looks so delicious and summery! A great twist on the fajitas we have in Texas!
Yummy! Thanks for the recipe. We don’t make alot of pasta dishes, except spaghetti because alot of recipes call for dairy which some of us cannot have. This will be good for us to try!
Oh, yum…..I was just trying to decide what to make for dinner – we have some leftover BBQ chicken and corn – so guess what I’m making tonight and I have veggies and sour cream that need to be used up! Perfect timing for reading your blog today!
I turn everything into pasta form!
Can’t wait to try this tonight!
I have a question, do you use any type of liquid to help bind everything together? Or any cheese? This looks great.