So it’s almost 90 today here in Ohio. I’m sure it’s some sort of heat record. And if it’s not it should be.Â It’s making me tired. And cranky. And the bazillion little cottonwood seeds drifting through the air, and some other pollen are wrecking havoc on my allergies.Â (I just took a Benadryl, so if the end of this doesn’t make sense, you’ll know why.)
I turned the A/C on this week. We can normally hold out until the first week of July. But not this year!
All this to say, I have a new obsession with my grill. Or is it Steve’s grill. I say it’s mine. He says it’s his!
And a newÂ love for cooking outside. Dreaming about an “outdoor kitchen”…or at least some sort of countertop where I can put myÂ plates and ingredients that I need when cooking on the grill.
Grilled Balsamic Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts ($2.53)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar ($.25)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil ($.40)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup brown rice ($.40)
- 4 ears corn ($.80) Yeah for $.20/ear sale...looking forward to the days of $.10 ears!
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the shallow baking dish or plastic freezer baggie with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and some salt and pepper. I placed the chicken into freezer baggies with the marinade and then froze the chicken. Just remember to pull it out early and let it thaw in the fridge...best way to marinate!!!
- Cook the brown rice as directed on the package.
- Boil the corn for 4 to 5 minutes. Don't want to heat up your kitchen, grill your corn!
- Serve Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Brown Rice and Corn.
(Someone recalculate that for me…I’m starting to feel sleeeeeeeppppppyyyyy.)