I adore the Mediterranean flavors…so much so, that a visit to the Mediterranean is on my “someday travel bucket list.” This simple, tasty and fresh pasta salad is loaded with flavor and completed with a homemade Greek vinaigrette dressing. If you’ve never made your own vinaigrette dressing, might I suggest you start with this one!
Also, double up on this and then you’ll have a delightful and fresh pasta salad to enjoy all week long!
Cook the pasta and run cool water over it. Add all the fresh goodness with the pasta.
Pile on the feta. Don’t be shy here.
(If you don’t love feta, maybe try goat cheese crumbles. Or leave it out entirely.)
Mix it all up with the homemade vinaigrette!
This is super easy to make gluten-free when you sub out the regular pasta with a small shell gluten free pasta. (This brand continues to be my favorite brand of GF pasta! The prices fluctuate widely on Amazon, and may or may not be cheaper than your grocery store…if they carry it! Do you price research before ordering!)
And devour! Love, love, love this pasta!
- 12 oz uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced then slices cut into quarters
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Bring a large pot of water and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a boil. Add in the uncooked rotini pasta and boil for about 8-9 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Combine the cooked rotini pasta with the cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese crumbles, red onion, black olives, salt & pepper, mixing well. Set aside.
- In a small container with lid, combine the red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder and dried oregano. Whisk Shake well.
- Poor the dressing over the top of the salad and gently stir to mix. Add more or less to taste.
- Place in the fridge to cool if not serving immediately.